Spa Code of Conduct
As prepared by the International Spa Association
Your Rights and Responsibilities as a Spa Guest
Although there are many spas around the world, each offering a unique experience, they are all devoted to enhancing overall well-being through a variety of professional services that encourage the renewal of mind, body and spirit. To enjoy your spa experience to the fullest, observe the Code of Conduct, act responsibly and be aware that common sense and personal awareness can help ensure your satisfaction, comfort and safety, as well as that of others.
As a spa guest, it is your responsibility to:
- Communicate your preferences, expectations and concerns.
- Communicate complete and accurate health information and reasons for your visit.
- Treat staff and other guests with courtesy and respect.
- Use products, equipment and therapies as directed.
- Adhere to the spa’s published policies and procedures.
As a spa guest, you have the right to:
- A clean, safe and comfortable environment.
- Stop a treatment at any time, for any reason.
- Be treated with consideration, dignity and respect.
- Confidential treatment of your disclosed health information.
- Trained staff who respectfully conduct treatments according to treatment protocols and the spa’s policies and procedures.
- Ask questions about your spa experience.
- Information regarding staff training, licensing and certification.
To Better Serve You
Your satisfaction is very important to us. If you are not satisfied with any service you received here, please notify us within seven days of your appointment.
For your convenience, a 20% gratuity will be automatically added to all Spa and Salon services for groups of eight or more using our St. Croix Room.
Late Arrival for Appointment
If you are late for an appointment, your treatment will end on time so that the next appointment may begin as scheduled. Should this happen, your service will be charged in full.
All product returns must be accompanied by a store receipt. Product returns will only be accepted within 15 days of original purchase. All returns will be refunded with a Spa gift card.
Just For Me Spa gift cards are sold in $5 increments, except at the online store where they are sold for various set amounts. Gift cards are not refundable or redeemable for cash, and may not be used for gratuities. Promotional or discounted gift cards cannot be used towards Spa packages, Spa memberships, Spa home rentals, glo-minerals, Dermalogica, introductory or one month unlimited salt cave sessions, or other specials.
To ensure the safety of children and the enjoyment of all clients, we ask that parents or guardians make other arrangements for their children while they are receiving services. Children must be 12 or older to receive Spa services and must be accompanied by an adult at all times until the age of 16. Children under 12 may receive Salon services and must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Children under 12 who are not receiving Salon services may not be in our Spa lounges, waiting areas or service areas at any time.
Please be advised that no outside food or alcoholic beverages may be brought to the Spa. We have a catering menu for you to choose from should you wish to have refreshments.
Just For Me Spa is handicap-accessible by ramp and has one lower-level service room. Service techs or Spa staff are not allowed to lift people onto tables or pedicure chairs. If such assistance is required, please bring a personal care attendant. Just For Me Salon is handicap-accessible through the Fitness Club entrance and can accommodate wheelchairs. Handicap-accessible restrooms are available at both the Spa and Salon. Please let us know when making your appointment if you require accessibility.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover or personal checks. A credit card is required to hold any Spa package, group, Spa home booking, multiple services, and Spa or Salon services that are 90 minutes or longer.
Businesses with groups of eight or more that use the St. Croix Room will automatically be charged a 20% gratuity on their Spa or Salon services.
There is a $30 fee for all returned checks.
We require a 24-hour cancellation notice for single services less than 90 minutes, including Salon services. Appointments that are 90 minutes or longer, including Salon services, require a 48-hour cancellation notice.
A 24-hour cancellation notice is required to cancel a scheduled Spa member service appointment. Failure to provide a 24-hour notice to cancel or show up for a scheduled appointment will result in forfeiture of that service for that month.
A one-week cancellation notice is required for an individual receiving a Spa package or multiple services.
A two-week cancellation notice is required for two or more individuals receiving Spa packages or multiple services.
A 50% deposit is due at time of booking either a Spa home or the St. Croix Room. A 30-day cancellation notice is required for all Spa home and St. Croix Room reservations and for parties of four or more receiving multiple services.
Cancellations of services or rentals outside of the above stated notices will result in a charge to the credit card for the amount of the service or rental.
We respect the privacy of our email subscribers. It is our policy:
- To respect the purpose for which our site visitors and others gave us email information. We give users choice and consent over how their personal information is used, and remove names immediately upon request.
- To not sell, rent or loan our subscriber or customer lists to third parties for email, direct marketing or other purposes. We never allow third parties any other use of these subscriber lists.
- To send notices of impending sales or special offers to our clients who request them (opt-in). Just For Me Spa will immediately unsubscribe those who request it through convenient unsubscribe links in every email or by mail to our address which is prominently displayed.
- To store subscriber and password files with personal information in a secure manner. We store such files in areas not accessible to Web browsers, behind password protection or offline.